CALL IT WHAT IT IS: Witness Tampering

Before a trial begins, both the prosecution and the defense are allowed to interview potential jurors. Each side is allowed to excuse a set number of jurors who they feel may have a personal bias or who they just believe won't be persuaded by their argument. During the process, each side attempts to stack the deck in their favor. While going through the process of selecting jurors for my trial, one juror really stuck out, despite never making it onto the actual jury. I still remember him to this day.

He was an older gentleman... white, very conservative looking. He said he had a lot of friends who worked in law enforcement. I whispered to my lawyer that we needed to get rid of him, immediately. My lawyer told me we needed to keep him. I couldn't understand why... until the prosecutor said to the man, "I have given witnesses deals for their testimony. Would you believe the testimony of a witness who received a deal?" The man answered sternly, "I wouldn't believe a word from anyone who received a deal."


He was a man who had friends that worked within the justice system and he had intimate knowledge of how the system actually "works." He knew that a witness who receives a deal is bought and paid for. It's legal bribery... State Sanctioned Coercion... and it is extremely unreliable. Often these witnesses have been threatened with prison time for not cooperating and for not providing the information that the police want to hear. However, if you say what they want you to say, true or not, all of your horrible crimes will be forgotten.

The gentleman who almost made it onto my jury, was well aware of the justice system's dirty deals. Needless to say, that man was excused by the prosecution. I guess the prosecutor wasn't going to let an insider ruin the prosecution's frame-up.

Some of you may not believe that law enforcement officials bribe, coerce and intimidate witnesses. Some of you may know it happens but don't know the true extent. I know that it's common practice because I've encountered it firsthand and I have read countless police reports and interviews that have recorded the nefarious conduct.

If a citizen were to employ these tactics, that citizen would be charged and prosecuted by the government for Witness Tampering. Why do we look the other way when our government uses these illegal means to imprison its citizens? Will the world turn a blind eye when it happens to you?

I have been painstakingly gathering information to prove that law enforcement officials bribe, coerce and intimidate witnesses... and they did it repeatedly during the "investigation" of my case. It's not easy to get these witnesses to come forward and testify about how they were harassed. People who have been threatened by the police do not want to talk about it. Can you blame them? Who can you turn to when the police threaten you?


EXPOSING THEM IS YOUR ONLY PROTECTION.

Some of you who read this blog were questioned by detectives during the investigation of this case. If you were threatened or mistreated by those detectives... or if you were offered incentives for favorable information and told that those incentives would be kept confidential, please send me your story.