IT'S OCTOBER 2017... WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN UP TO?

It's been too long since I've updated all of you, on what's been going on with me and my Fight for Freedom. I know some of you are probably thinking, "He's been saying this stuff for years. He's never getting out." Let me assure you... the legal issues I have are rock solid. And I am so close to getting out of here, I can taste my mom's homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes. But let me take you back to the beginning of this year.

In January I hired one of Michigan's top rated Lawyers because I was ready to give all of the evidence I've gathered to a legal expert, and have him prepare and file my 6.500 Motion for Reconsideration. Which is the legal term used by Michigan, for an appeal.

After paying The Lawyer a $5,000 retainer, he visited me a couple of times and we discussed my case and everything I've uncovered. He was surprised when I revealed the blatant Brady Violations   https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/brady_rule  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_disclosure committed by the prosecution. If you've read my blog or listened to the podcast, those constitutional violations I've exposed are nothing compared to what I've been saving for my appeal. The Lawyer was confident my conviction would be reversed.

But something strange happened a month after our last visit. I tried to call The Lawyer and he wouldn't accept my calls. Another month passed as I continued to call. Still... no answer. Two months later, I got ahold of his secretary and she gave me the run around. She said, "I see his coat is here but I can't find him in the office. I'm sorry John. Is there something you want me to tell him?"

I couldn't figure out what was going on. I wrote The Lawyer a letter. No response. I had my family try to call him. No luck. The entire predicament was driving me crazy. And what made my situation even worse, is that I'm locked in this cage with no way of getting some answers. I was helpless. Month after month passed until it had been seven months since our last meeting.

Then... while watching the news one afternoon, I spotted The Lawyer. He had been hired by the Michigan Attorney General to help with the Flint water investigation. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-flint-water-crisis-charges-20161220-story.html  What the fuck! The first thing that ran through my mind, was that my attorney had been "paid off" to keep me quiet. And if you think about it... that possibility isn't too far fetched.

My case is about to expose pervasive corruption within the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office and the Michigan State Police. Because Ingham County encompasses Lansing -- Michigan's capital city -- some of the officials who were involved in my wrongful conviction, are now working for the State Government. It's a scandal that could potentially put their careers and other convictions in jeopardy. Not to mention the financial compensation I'll be receiving for 21 years of wrongful incarceration. So when the State's ass is on the line... oh, you know they'll play dirty.

I realized that I had to fire The Lawyer. He had robbed me for $5,000, wasted eight months of my life and potentially shared my appeal strategy with the Attorney General's Office. But I couldn't even get ahold of The Lawyer, to kick his ass to the curb!

In the meantime, I began my search for another lawyer. 

It didn't take long... and I found two Appellate Attorneys who were anxious to take my case. I explained the problem I was having with the lawyer I hired and they offered to look into it for me. A few weeks later, I received a refund for half of the money I had lost. Now, I was ready to hire my two new attorneys. However, before I could make arrangements for them to be paid... I was snatch up by the prison's Inspector and thrown into Punitive Segregation: The Hole.

For 10 days I was locked in solitary confinement 
  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/27/what-is-solitary-confinement  The prison's Inspector, issued me a bogus ticket for Dangerous Contraband/Possession of Cell Phone. I knew the ticket was just an excuse to keep me from communicating with my legal team. I haven't touched a cell phone in years. So I fought the ticket and proved I was innocent. If I would have been found guilty, I would have been locked in The Hole, for who knows how long.

Once I was out of The Hole, I scrambled to get my shit together. I still needed to pay my new Attorneys' retainer and get my appeal started. Yet once again, before I could make the arrangements, the Michigan Department of Corrections a.k.a. the Big Bully tried to impede my progress. I was transferred to another prison. Thus, I faced another two week set back.

It wasn't until late August, when I finally hired both of my two new Appellate Attorneys. So while they spent the month of September obtaining my file and reviewing that mountain of paperwork... I've been tying to break myself in to this new facility.

I've also been tying to figure out how I'm going to pay for a private investigator. Who I'll need, to interview all of the witnesses who are ready to come forward and sign affidavits. But after loosing $2,500 on that piece of shit lawyer I hired first and putting aside the money I need to hire my two new Appellate Attorneys... I'm all tapped out. So hit that DONATE  https://gogetfunding.com/newtrial4john/  button, give a buck or two and help me get out of this Hell Hole.

Because in these coming months, I'll be focusing on putting together all of the different pieces I've gathered for my appeal. And it's always slow motion over the holidays. Therefore, I want to get everything together, before then. I'd like to have the affidavits and evidence in my Attorneys' hands before the New Year. To let them really soak it all in before they draft my 6.500 Motion. Once my appeal is filed... it's gunna be a shocker. And the media is going to blow this thing up all over again.

So STAY TUNED.