BOMBSHELL POLICE REPORT UNCOVERED

I recently received a two inch stack of police reports from the Michigan State Police Freedom of Information Unit Office. I had someone file a Freedom of Information Act request, just to see what would "pop-up." I figured that since it has been 20 years since my conviction, whoever is now in charge of protecting the case file, wouldn't know what the original investigating officers suppressed. However, when an Assistant Coordinator asked for a time extension on the request, I knew they were tracking down someone who could tell them what to keep hidden.

A majority of the paperwork I received are police reports that were provided prior to my trial. In addition, there were a few pages of evidence logs that I've never seen... and THIS:




This is a police report submitted by Detective Donald Brooks, who interviewed a person whose name has been "whited out" to hide his identity. This unknown person is a trusted friend of both Bill and Russell Brown. This person was also part of their drug operation and must have been indicted on the same Federal drug charge as Russell Brown because this person is providing information as part of his plea agreement with the U.S. Government.

In the 1st paragraph of page 2 of the report, this person states that Russell Brown indicated that Bill Brown killed Rose Larner.

In the 8th paragraph of page 2, this person told Detective Donald Brooks that Bill Brown admitted to killing Rose Larner.

In the 9th paragraph of page 2, this person states that both Russell and Bill Brown will kill people for money.

All of this information would have been extremely damaging to the prosecution's case had it been given to me and my attorney and presented to the jury. If the Michigan State Police had not withheld the police report, this unknown person would have been issued a subpoena to testify at my trial and his testimony would have destroyed the prosecution's case.

I have continually proven that the jury did not get all of the evidence. They were only allowed to hear a one sided story that was manipulated by a dishonest prosecutor. I continue to fight for a new trial, where a jury will be allowed to weigh all of the facts of this case. #NewTrail4John